Timing, Delays, Cancellations:
- Sleet & Snow mixed will re-develop between 3 and 5 PM and then become heavy, wet snow after 5PM.
- Heavy snow will continue through the evening before it tapers off around midnight and ends between 1 and 3AM.
- Federal Government employees… I am 90% confident of a 2 hour delayed opening Thursday with Unscheduled Leave.
- Generally 5 to 10″ can be expected across Northern Virginia and northern & central Maryland.
- The urban heat island of Washington DC and south Arlington will see accumulations of 4 to 6″.
- Totals across southern Maryland will range from 3 to 5″.
Heavy Wet Snow:
- Scattered Power Outages and downed trees are possible under the weight of this snow storm.
- Untreated roadways will become very slippery as temperatures drop into the upper 20s Thursday morning.