Possible Snow Accumulations by Sunday Afternoon
- Snow will begin late Friday night across the southwestern suburbs. Snow will begin falling in DC and Baltimore Saturday AM.
- Temperatures will be below freezing and will remain at or below freezing during the event.
- Models are putting out around 1″ of liquid equivalent**…or slightly more… from Charlottesville to Fredericksburg to Annapolis over the Bay into the Dover, DE Area.
- The map above is a preliminary snowfall accumulation forecast. Totals could be higher or slightly lower…. stay tuned for a FINAL Accumulation map this afternoon/evening.
- This storm will be a significant snowfall producer! People in the Washington Region should plan on not traveling Saturday afternoon through Sunday AM as roadways will be snow-covered.
- I will issue my final snowfall accumulation map this evening.